BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL (VC Token) First Digital Liquid Venture Fund
We are disrupting our own industry: the illiquid, insider-only venture capital market.
Blockchain Capital is the leading venture capital investment firm focused on blockchain technology
companies. The time has come to practice what we preach, so we are creating the world’s first Digital
Liquid Venture Fund. The Fund will disrupt the traditional VC market and create the first of its
kind “Digital LP” investment vehicle:
- We are raising our third fund via two routes — a traditional limited partnership called Blockchain Capital III, LP, and a separate evergreen fund called Blockchain Capital III Digital Liquid Venture Fund offered via a digital token called BCAP.
- Our offering will be made under Regulation D 506(c) and Regulation S exemptions from registration under US securities laws.
- Our digital tokens will be tradable on leading cryptocurrency exchanges, providing liquidity not offered by traditional venture capital funds.
Why Invest in a VC Token:
Level playing field between institutions and individuals in VC
Get exposure to top tier companies. Our prior investments include Abra and Coinbase
- Have transparency with regular portfolio valuation updates
- Lower fees without middle-men
- Option to take profits or increase exposure with a liquid market
- Traded tokens have no minimums or barriers to entry
- Built-in value appreciation mechanism through repurchase
Digital Liquid Venture Fund Terms
Key Offering Dates
- Introducing change into the venture capital and private equity asset class
- Equal access for individual investors and institutions to democratize the market
- No more intermediary payments and fund-of-fund fees to get access
- Evergreen, but with a built-in appreciation mechanism
- Brand name anchor investors and disruptive investment opportunities
- Proven track record – the firm’s third fund dedicated to blockchain industry
- Growing sector as relevance of blockchain tech grows across industries
- Unique time to invest as industry shifts from pilots to implementation
- Focus on mainstream and enterprise applications
- The first fully US compliant VC fundraising via digital tokens
3.Strong Deal Flow
- Unparalleled access to deal flow and proprietary opportunities
- Strong relationships with outstanding management teams
- Flexible deal structures
- Opportunity for organic pro-rata and follow-on investments from existing BC portfolio of 43 companies
- Highly experienced and pragmatic investing team
- Achieved exits in a nascent field where other funds are just starting
- Deep knowledge of blockchain and its successful use cases
- Quick decision making and ability to be opportunistic
- Deep bench of advisors with extensive relationships in industry and government
Blockchain Capital Announces Successful Conclusion of Fundraise and Fund’s First Investment into Parity Technologies
San Francisco — April 20, 2017 — Blockchain Capital, the premier venture capital firm investing in blockchain technology companies and tokens, announced today the successful conclusion of its ICO. The fund raised USD $10 million digital tokens (the “BCAP Tokens”) within six hours in an oversubscribed offering. Participation from many of the industry’s thought leaders drove strong sustained interest to bring the historic offering to a rapid completion. BCAP tokens will be made available to account holders on the TokenHub.com website on or before May 10th, as previously announced.
Commenting on the fundraise, Blockchain Capital Co-founder Brock Pierce said, “We wanted to democratize access and provide enhanced liquidity to the venture capital asset class, and we believe we succeeded. We saw incredible institutional demand, which we ended up carving back to make room for the cryptocommunity. Raising $10 million in less than a day is a real testament to this new emerging digital capital market.”
Blockchain Capital also announced today the fund’s first investment will be into Parity Technologies Ltd (formerly known as Ethcore). Parity is the company that created the Parity Ethereum software. Dr. Gavin Wood, the creator of the Ethereum specification, has recently also proposed a revolutionary heterogenous multichain framework called Polkadot. Polkadot is a third generation public, permissionless blockchain technology designed to be at once scalable and extensible, solving two of the greatest problems preventing widespread adoption of blockchain technology today.
“We are incredibly excited to be a part of this new and exciting platform,” said Brad Stephens, Co-founder at Blockchain Capital. “Polkadot’s ability to integrate public and private chains into the same consensus network has the potential to create new transactive layers, linking many blockchains together and driving much needed interoperability.”
Dr. Gavin Wood, founder of Parity Technologies and lead developer of the acclaimed Parity Ethereum client said, “As we are seeing the next evolution of blockchain technology, we wanted to bring in a funding partner that deeply understands the space we are in and the challenges we are solving. Blockchain Capital has the expertise and keen understanding of the ecosystem that will help Parity and Polkadot move to the next stage of innovation.”
About Blockchain Capital
Blockchain Capital is the premier venture capital firm investing in blockchain technology companies and tokens. Launched in 2013, Blockchain Capital’s initial fund was the first venture capital fund dedicated to the Bitcoin / blockchain ecosystem, and was also the first fund to accept capital calls in Bitcoin. Blockchain Capital is a sector specific, multistage, venture capital firm that seeks to gain diverse exposure to the blockchain ecosystem while offering unique coinvestment opportunities and proprietary deal flow to its investors. For more information, please email [email protected], visit www.blockchain.capital, follow @blockchaincap, or call 415–677–5340.
About Parity Technologies
Parity Technologies (formerly Ethcore) is a UK-based VC-backed company founded by Ethereum cofounder Dr. Gavin Wood, together with a number of other central figures from the Ethereum project. For more information, please visit parity.io or contact [email protected]
The Polkadot project is slated to begin in the new year and take up to 24 months to complete. For more information, please visit polkadot.io.
The BCAP tokens were offered on a limited basis to a maximum of 99 accredited US investors under exemptions from registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission pursuant to Regulation D, Section 506(c) and Regulation S of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and the rule promulgated thereunder. Only accredited investors within the US and non-US persons outside of the US were be eligible to purchase BCAP tokens. This Press Release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to purchase the BCAP tokens, nor shall there be any offer, solicitation or sale of the BCAP tokens in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The BCAP Tokens have not and will not be registered under the Securities Act or other applicable state securities laws, and may not be offered or sold in the US absent registration or pursuant to an exemption from registration requirements of the Securities Act and under applicable state laws.
Blockchain Capital Announces BCAP Investment in BNT
After the successful launch of BCAP, the first liquid VC Token, Blockchain Capital has announced it has committed to participate in the Bancor Network Token allocation event, taking place today at 14:00 GMT.
“We are thrilled to invest in such an innovative and thoughtful project as Bancor. What attracted us was first and foremost the team. With two decades of experience in end-user applications, a strong network of supporters and advisers, the Bancor team has exactly the kind of DNA we want to see more of in the Blockchain space to help bring the value revolution to mass market.” Said Brad Stephens, Managing Partner at Blockchain Capital.
BCAP was impressed by the strong consumer engineering background of the Bancor development team whose previous projects, MetaCafe and Mytopia had 50 million and 10 million active users respectively.
“Many teams today in the blockchain space expect to raise capital without building a product. We loved how Bancor spent over a year developing their MVP, put it out on their private testnet and used their own application and smart tokens to run their bounty programs. This is the kind of hard work we want to see before token allocation events,” said Stephens.
“Blockchain capital was the first to run up the hill and take the arrows on behalf of so many of us in the token space. We’re thrilled to work with investors who are pioneering the industry alongside us. We look forward to a long and fruitful partnership with the team at Blockchain Capital and to contributing to the BCAP token’s success as BNT grows.” Said Guy Benartzi, Co-founder of Bancor.