Syscoin (sys ) future of 2016
Syscoin is a revolutionary cryptocurrency that offers near-zero financial transactions like Bitcoin and provides businesses the infrastructure to trade goods, assets, digital certificates and data securely. Syscoin isn’t just about money and trading, it has the ability to attract all business types thanks to its native set of features geared towards the financial sector. From eBay traders and High Street shops to selling that one last item that you couldn’t even give away at your garage sale, Syscoin’s decentralized network benefits everyone!
Proof-of-work algorithm: SCRYPT (merge mineable with any SCRYPT coin)
Multipool protection: SysCoin uses KGW to retarget difficulty every block. SysCoin uses extremely small minimum and maximum values as algorithmic inputs, which effectively allows Syscoin's difficulty to re-target much more rapidly and accurately than other cryptocurrencies that use KGW.
Block reward (updated): 128 SysCoin and regenerated network services fees (block reward decays on fixed schedule until rewards fixate at 32 Syscoin until 2bil coin, after which rewards are purely network and service fees).
Total SysCoins: 2,000,000,000 (2.0 billion)
Premine: 18% [ up to 15% Based on Presale (SOLD OUT), 2% Devs (wallets will be publicized for transparency), 1% Bounties and Rewards]
Premine Wallet Address (currently contains dev + bounties; been paying out of
**All pool members must register with us and provide us with proper contact information.
Poloniex : https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_sys
Important Syscoin 2.1 Pre-Release Information
The public release of Syscoin 2.1 is this weekend on December 18th and includes a large list of new features, improvements, and bug fixes. This release process will be similar Syscoin 2.0 in that we will be performing the hard fork using a network snapshot in order to maximize the benefits of some of the data-saving features such as blockchain pruning and to generally remove the expired Syscoin service data from the current Syscoin blockchain. The exact block height of the snapshot is subject to mining variability and will be based on Syscoin chain height as of 12pm PST, Dec 18th.
There will be no change to your wallet balance. if you maintain your
balance on a third party platform such as an exchange or wallet service
no action is needed on your part. In order to perform this mandatory upgrade on your local wallet you’ll need to delete any existing Syscoin 2.0 data and follow the steps outlined in the original Syscoin 2.0 launch post.. The Syscoin 2.1 release blog post on the 18th will include similar information useful links and a new syscoin.conf file. Syscoin 2.1 is a mandatory update.
The team is working with mining pools, exchanges, block explorers and
all other major Syscoin service providers to ensure everyone updates to
the new Syscoin 2.1 release.
We’re looking forward to releasing all the new features contained in Syscoin 2.1 to the public this weekend!
Syscoin 2.1.0 Release mandatory update
Note: Always backup your wallet.dat before any upgrade
- First you must delete any existing Syscoin 2.0 service data. Locate your data dir on windows or Mac/OSX and delete all files except for wallet.dat.
- Start Syscoin 2.1 and wait for it to sync.
Other Release Notes
Because of the extent of the updates introduced, specifically to maximize blockchain pruning, all existing Syscoin services will be removed upon release of Syscoin 2.1.
Syscoin 2.1.0 New Features
- Blockchain Pruning – Provides improved scalability to the core syscoin blockchain by efficiently pruning expired service data to minimize blockchain bloat for full nodes.
- Unique Aliases / Syscoin Identities – Syscoin Aliases are now unique across the network; a change from Syscoin 2.0 where variable-case aliases were permitted.
- Alias Portability – Optional passwords attached to aliases provide for portability and restoration options not possible on Syscoin 2.0 including the ability to recover an account simply by using the related Alias password.
- Marketplace Moderation – Two tiers of marketplace moderation both user-defined via SafeSearch and team-defined via a 3 tier system. The moderation system allows for a more public-friendly marketplace with options for SafeSearch restricted items.
- Private payments via ZCash – Syscoin users can now leverage ZEC as a direct payment option, which natively includes enhanced privacy.
- Multiple payment options – Offers can now be paid for in any currency supported by the marketplace and supported by the merchants. Rather than one specific currency, payments can be now be made using all three supported blockchains (SYS, BTC and ZEC).
- Multi-signature Transaction Support across all Syscoin services – Aliases, Certificates and Offers, now support multi-signature transactions, enabling a whole new class of use cases for Syscoin services.
- Bitcoin 0.13 Core Update – As outlined in the launch of Syscoin 2.0, the importance of keeping up-to-date with the latest bitcoin technology is essential for Syscoin to thrive; thus, we planned on keeping up to date with the latest Bitcoin core. Keeping up-to-date will be accomplished by upgrading the Syscoin 2.1 update to Bitcoin’s latest core 0.13.99.
- Escrow Support on External Payments – Escrow was previously only available on offers purchased using Syscoin. With Syscoin 2.1, Escrow will now be available on offers purchased with any currency accepted, SYS, BTC or ZEC.
- Private Alias Data – Aliases now include a private field which is visible only to the owner of the alias, allowing for private data storage on the blockchain.
- Default Settings – There is now support for default Alias and default price-peg selection, increasing wallet usability. All service screens now also include the option to view all services the wallet owns or view services by individual Alias.
- Dynamic Fees – Fee information is now stored in the Alias rates peg allowing for dynamic fees specifically for Syscoin services. This enables different fee structures with different pegs and gives merchants more flexibility in pricing.
- Shipping Notification System – Optionally allows merchants to notify customers that an item has been shipped.
- Feedback and Rating System – A 5-star feedback and rating system can now be provided for Merchants, Customers and Arbitrators, ensuring an accurate representation of reputation history for all parties. Easy unlock for encrypted wallets – Easy unlock mechanism for improved usability w/encrypted wallets.
- Hide Sold Out/Expired Offers – Hide items that have are sold out or expired from wallet listing screens.
- Search within category – Search within a specific category rather than always searching all categories.
- Suggested categories – A standardized set of categories across the Syscoin marketplace, or use your own.
- Offer geolocation – Optionally add geolocation to offers.
- General Bug Fixes and Improvements
Development Update January 2017 – Decentralized Pegging Server, Syscoin 2.1.2, Blockmarket and Project Mongoose
The new year is just beginning but the Syscoin team has been hard at
work and have a series of updates and releases lined up throughout the
Syscoin Roadmap Update
The Syscoin Roadmap has been updated to reflect our plans throughout this year. This year’s development effort’s are focused around building products and an ecosystem around the Syscoin platform. We’re now able to move faster with product development as we have more than double the bandwidth for non-core development than we have for core development.
Support for New Currencies and Open Sourcing Syscoin PricePeg Server
Syscoin 2.1.1 has support for dynamically updating the currencies supported by the marketplace dependent upon which peg the merchant has selected for their offer listing. We will be demonstrating this ability this weekend by adding support for five new currencies to the Syscoin marketplace- Ethereum (ETH), Waves (WAVES), Dash (DASH), Factom (FCT), and Monero (XMR). Through the power of the dynamic peg system these new currencies will become available for all merchants to price their item in as of 12pm US/PST.
In addition to adding these currencies to the official peg we will also be making the code for the Syscoin Price Peg Server which runs and maintains the official Syscoin Price Peg available to the public. We’ve updated to peg code to allow for support for an infinite combination of currencies with a very high level of accuracy. This will allow anyone with minimal coding knowledge to setup their own price peg, providing the community and merchants with the ability for even more diverse currency selections in their offer pricing. We hope that by open sourcing the Syscoin Price Peg Server developers from the community will participate in improving it – we welcome pull requests. The Syscoin Price Peg Server code will be released at the same time as the new currencies are added to the marketplace- this coming weekend January 14 at 12pm US/PST.
Syscoin 2.1.2 Development
Syscoin 2.1 was just released and following that we quickly released an update to improve ease of use for exchanges via Syscoin 2.1.1. We’ve continued to develop new features and fix bugs in the interim period and Syscoin 2.1.2 will be released some time in Q1 of 2017 with both bug fixes and several key new capabilities. You can follow the progress of Syscoin 2.1.2 development via the Github milestone.
Blockchain Foundry’s Microsoft Product Certification of Blockmarket API
We’ve completed a long list of prerequisites needed to publish certified products to Microsoft’s Azure MarketplaceBlockchain Foundry’s first product offering for review and certification by Microsoft. We have a call scheduled this week to review the final points of this process before submitting the final package to them for review and certification. We’ll have submitted our product within the next two weeks and then await Microsoft’s feedback.
Blockmarket development is progressing now that we’ve completed the release of Syscoin 2.1 and the related whitepaper. We are working to complete final updates of the API layer. Once that is complete we’ll only have to convert our mockup interfaces to markup and connect them to the API. We are planning on being able to share screenshot progress of the working Blockmarket application with the community in late January.
The full release on Blockmarket will be dependent upon our thorough testing and approval of the user experience, its target release is for Q1, 2017. To be clear, the Blockmarket release will consist of two primary components- Blockmarket Server and Syscoin Desktop. Syscoin Desktop is aBlockchain Foundry product and application which replaces the current Syscoin “Reference” or “QT” wallet. The team will continue to maintain the reference QT wallet with all new features, but Syscoin Desktop will also get these features and become the default means by which 99% of users experience Syscoin services, always having the option to use the reference QT wallet in parallel if they so choose.
Something new that we’ve been exploring developing on the back of new capabilities present in Syscoin 2.1.2 is something we’re calling “Project Mongoose”. We’re remaining tight-lipped on the specifics of Project Mongoose for the time being but what we can share is that its another product built on top of the Syscoin platform and serving to provide a decentralized on and off ramp to and from various cryptocurrencies all secured by Syscoin and delivered via a consumer friendly front end, using similar principles to those of Blockmarket in terms of ease of use and usability.
We’re excited for 2017 and are ready to come out of the gate strong with a range of products built on top of the Syscoin core that we’ve been working to develop for the past year- all that time with this vision in mind. We have a lot planned but hope for the timing of the releases to provide a fairly consistent stream of updates and news for the Syscoin community. Looking at the first quarter of 2017 alone we’re looking to deliver (in order, pending certain dependencies and approvals)- Syscoin Price Peg Server and official support for five new currencies, Blockmarket API Server public release and Microsoft Azure Product Certification, Syscoin 2.1.2 Core release, Blockmarket M1 and Syscoin Desktop release, Blockmarket Azure Product Certification and maybe even Project Mongoose- we have even more planned for rest of the year
Syscoin New Exchange:
Hello. Dear Syscoin community!
Syscoin [SYS]Livecoin.net Exchange and available for trading.
So, we're asking you to add our Exchange in the official list of Exchanges where people can trade.
Welcome all traders. Thanks!