How to Mine Electroneum (ETN) with AMD & Nvidia GPU / CPU
Hey people, is time for 1stminingrig to get back on track 🙂 Past few weeks I was super busy setting up the workshop and I didn’t really have the time to create new content. However, now that the workshop is up and running, it is finally time for some fresh tutorials.
I’ve been thinking of starting by posting a tutorial about how to mine Electroneum both with CPU and AMD/Nvidia GPUs. In fact, one of my rigs has been already mining ETN for some time now and as for today, everything looks pretty solid.
What is Electroneum and what does it do?
Electroneum is a cryptocurrency with its own blockchain, as well as a fully-integrated mobile platform. Its main aim is to become a Bitcoin alternative with a couple of improvements, as well as a user-friendly platform where everyone can mine, trade and transfer the tokens without the need to have any prior tech knowledge.
The Coin (ETN)
In my opinion, Electroneum has got what it takes to soon be considered a viable Bitcoin alternative. Here are some of its already existent features worth mentioning:
- Its transaction speed and security are as good as Bitcoin’s (and some even claim that Electroneum is safer than Bitcoin)
- It can be stored both on the cloud and in offline wallets
- Its team of developers is rather impressive. Comprised of professional engineers, entrepreneurs and marketers, the team behind Electroneum makes me believe the project is all but a money grab.
- It can be easily mined from a phone or any other device
In Brief, Electroneum coin has a lot of similarities with Bitcoin, though it is based on its own blockchain. While that alone is great, the selling point is in its platform. Let’s take a look at it:
Electroneum platform is the meat of the project. Thanks to the unified mobile app, users can now mine, trade and send/receive ETN easily.
Electroneum token holders will be able to spend those in online markets, as well as on gaming-related products. Thanks to instant microtransaction support, Electroneum might quickly become the second most used cryptocurrency for online shopping.
All of this makes me believe that Electroneum is a coin that might increase in value over time. In this tutorial, I will explain how to set up your Electroneum mining rig.
Let’s get started!
- 1 Hardware used
- 2 Software and Tools used for this tutorial
- 3 Create wallet address
- 4 Download the miners
- 5 Mining Hashrate, Overclock & Power Consumption
- 6 GPU Profitability
- 7 CPU Mining
- GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 4GB (RX 470 4GB) & Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
- Motherboard: AsRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0
- CPU: Intel Celeron G1840
- RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz
- PSU: 2x EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2
- SSD: Silicon Power 60GB SSD
- Dual PSU Adapter: Multiple Power Supply Adapter Add2PSU
- Risers: USB Risers VER 008S
- Frame: 1st Mining Rig Aluminum Open Air Frame Case v4.0
Software and Tools used for this tutorial
- Drivers Official AMD Mining Drivers and Nvidia latest drivers
- MSI Afterburner BETA http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5459908&postcount=637
How to mine Electroneum (ETN) with AMD & Nvidia GPUs
Create wallet address
First of all you will have to create a wallet and the fastest way is to download the app (you can also mine ETN on your smartphone)
- Download Android APP or create an account on official website here: https://my.electroneum.com/
- Download IOS APP (coming soon)
- Once installed, create an account and then go to “More” (inside the mobile app) button and you can use my referral code as a “thank you”, the code code is: FE4D38 , or scan the QR code.
To find your wallet address go to Wallet and tap “Receive” button, your address will popup.
Download the miners
- For AMD: xmr-stak-amd (preconfigured) or Claymore’s CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.0 (preconfigured), i prefer xmr-stak-amd
- For Nvidia: xmrMiner CUDA (preconfigured). If you have DLL erros download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 , CUDA Toolkit 8 MUST be installed
- Unzip the archive and replace wallet address in config file.
- run xmr-stak-amd.exe to start mining
Mining Hashrate, Overclock & Power Consumption
- Core Clock: 1200
- Memory Clock: 2150
- Core Voltage: -96
- Hashrate per GPU: 750 H/s
- Total Hashrate: 4,500 H/s
The profitability can vary based on current price, but take a look to monthly volume :). Hurry up and mine a few thousands so when the price will increase you will see the real profits!
This is great for personal laptops or gaming PC 🙂 I made a quick test with my gaming laptop, Asus ROG G75WV, it is a bit old but still running strong 😛
I decided to use EasyMiner by SUMO, it may not have the best hashrate but it is the fastest way to start mining with your CPU.
- Download Sumo Easy Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163270
- Click the Add Pool button to start mining
- Fill the popup with your details and hit the start button, check images
- important: make sure you check the temps once in a while
That’s it for now, ill update the post once new miner versions are released 🙂 thanks!
You should check one of my ready made mining rigs 1stMiningRig G6 Power Mining Rig RX 500 Series, great for Electroneum mining 🙂 http://1stminingrig.com/product/1stminingrig-g6-power-mining-rig/