SwissBorg is hiring a Senior Software Engineer — Backend in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Senior Software Engineer — Backend
SwissBorg is a Swiss fintech company headquartered in Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland decentralized to the world. It is the first Swiss crypto-wealth management platform based on the blockchain, developed by a team of financial experts. By utilizing the community-centric approach, SwissBorg aims to revolutionize investment in crypto assets. Having offices already both in Japan and in Canada, soon the company will be expanding its operation.
Due to the growth of our business, SwissBorg is offering an opportunity to join our team in the position of Senior Software Engineer. If you enjoy functional programming, distributed systems and are interested in reshaping the new financial era, it is your chance to apply!
- Programming. You are experienced in functional programming, Haskell, OCaml, Scala, etc. An expertise in Scala in a plus. You know about the CQRS/ES architecture.
- Technologies. You are experienced the JVM technologies and have a good understanding of RDBMS (ideally PostgreSQL). Experience with Cassandra or Kafka is a nice to have.
- Distributed Systems. You know how to design and build distributed systems, microservices and cloud architectures (preferably on AWS and/or GCP).
- DevOps. You have knowledge about running systems in production, monitor them and troubleshoot them if necessary.
- Code Quality. You are familiar with writing well tested & reusable code and add documentation where necessary.
- Ownership. You have a strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial thinking — customer value should be your key driver.
- Holder MSc or PhD
- Experience in the finance industry a plus
- Fluent in English — written as well as spoken. French is a plus.
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial.
Here’s how to apply: click here