Status Alpha V0.9.15 Release
Status Alpha 0.9.15 Release Notes
We’re thrilled to announce the release of our next Alpha version 0.9.15 on iOS and Android. If you haven’t already, you can request early access to the iOS build or Android version on our homepage https://status.im. If you have installed Status before, just update the app from within TestFlight, or using the PlayStore.
After our team offsite in Bangkok, we have been focused on tightening up our overall team OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) so that we can better track our progress and make sure we are prioritizing the right things as we go into the security audit and start preparing for a closed beta on the main network.
This release contains some critical bug fixes and some awesome improvements to Chat, both in terms of performance and the UI itself. Status is an open source software project that is built with — not for — the community and it is contributions like this that really inspire us to keep on building the future of communication, so thank you!
Feel free to check out https://openbounty.status.im to find some issues or new features that you can start working on today, all the while earning a stable income from smart contracts!
New and Improved:
- Reworked the inputs for some chat-related features and added more options to chat.
- Featured list of public chats.
- Migrate the public chat creation flow to a better and more optimized version.
- General spacing and design improvements, especially in the Profile and Networks page.
- Allow app reloading in development mode.
- Adjusted the default gas price for transactions to the lowest safe standard and fixed styles in the Advanced Setting dropdown.
- Improvements to the performance of push notifications and data usage.
- Update to how the wallet receives transactions.
- Fixed setting your profile photo in the profile page.
- Migrate away from using menu-context.
- Replace reads from Realm to reads from app-db.
- Fixed return button when keyboard is open.
- Improved password handling on re-signing in.
- Fixes to iPhone X styles.
- Cleaned out remaining search features.
- Fixed address bug when choosing recipient.
Status is an open source project, and if you’d like to get involved with development — the single best way would be to build Status for yourself, explore our open issues. We prefer to hire core contributors based on Pull Requests.
If you feel you can help us grow our community in other ways, we’d love to hear your ideas. You can also Tweet at us, like our Facebook or subscribe to the Status Subreddit. The best place to get in contact with us and join the conversation is our Riot channel!