Apollo Septem (APO) - World's first self-governed art community powered by blockchain
The art market is worth around USD 45 billion per annum, out of which
only ca. USD 3.5 billion represent its online component. In some cases,
less than 30% of these igures are eventually cashed in by the artists.
Apollo Septem will bring together artists and art lovers in one single
ecosystem that will open new ways towards a democratic and fair artists’
Apollo Septem will reshape the art market by directly interfacing the artist
and the end customer. It will not be only a traditional online sales platform,
but it will instead set the foundation of the artists’ self-governance. The
project will leverage on blockchain technology to create a truly secure and
transparent environment, shifting away and seeking differentiation from
Apollo Septem addresses the main shortcomings of the arts industry by
building a new, forward-looking ecosystem for art and artists, using
innovative business instruments, online marketing capabilities and cuttingedge
technologies. The stated intention is from the very beginning to shift
away from the current context and to challenge the use of conventional
instruments. The project will design and deliver a brand new ecosystem,
where the Art Community will grow and develop in a self-sustainable
Apollo Septem ecosystem
- Art is considered by many to successfully fulfill the function of store of value. In this context, with investors sometimes outnumbering the plain art consumers, the art industry is not in fact governed by the artists themselves.
- Apollo Septem's goal is to set the foundation and to empower the evolution of an ecosystem that will put the artists' community in the driver's seat.
Decentralized network that will be enabled by:
- The APO token
- Decentralized marketplace
- Technology stack leveraging on innovative blockchain solutions
- Voting rights for the participants (Community members and token owners)
Proof of authenticity algorithm stored on the blockchain
- New algorithm for the verification of authenticity of the artwork
- Cryptographic hash code, part of the smart contract, certifying uniqueness for each different art piece on the blockchain
Fast Art Financing
- New concept that will enable a smart system of financing art and artists.
- Applicable, but not limited to:
- Financing of art schools' projects
- Private or public requests for financing
Apollo Septem is an all-in-one platform that will revolutionize the art industry through democracy and technological innovation
The main functionalities in the release of the Apollo Septem MVP are
- Apollo Septem Wallet
- Apollo Septem Account
- Online Art Market - Alpha
- Online Art Market user go-live (Buy – Sell – Barter)
- Apollo Septem Authenticity Verification component
- Fast Art Financing component
- Apollo Septem Artwork Shares Creation Algorithm
- Apollo Septem Online Galleries
- Major milestone: Apollo Septem Ecosystem fully deployed
Approaching new challenges:
- Further evolution of Apollo Septem Ecosystem, based on community consensus
Apollo Septem (APO) - Business model in Details
Apollo Septem’s goal is to build a truly decentralized society, governed by democratic
values, where all the participants have the right to sustain their beliefs and where
everyone feels secure and fairly rewarded.
By using a strong technological foundation, the project will regain the freedom of art
The main shortcomings addressed by Apollo Septem are:
• The lack of self-governance of artists’ community;
• The art industry centralization and control assumed by third parties;
• The expensiveness of the available online tools;
• The expensiveness and reliability of the art pieces’ authenticity veriication.
1.The token as a tool
The token will work as a tool and was designed to:
• Incentivize the supporters of the community;
• Grow as a natural currency for art and artists;
• Reflect the real value of the art industry;
• Protect the artists’ community against inflation;
• Enable and sustain democracy within the community.
The art consumers will have the following main advantages:
• Setting direct contact with the artists themselves;
• Possibility to obtain discounts based on the costumer total score;
• Possibility to finance and hold art shares;
• Priority when visiting the online galleries.
Market vs. Community
Apollo Septem is not aiming at becoming a commercial enterprise, but at further
developing and sustaining a community. For this reason, the general term of “market”
has been replaced by the Global Art Community concept.
Pushing this approach further, the team is developing a new ecosystem with strong
core fundamentals and values that are:
This is why Apollo Septem started to design the project envisaging a metamorphosis
of the following concepts:
• Market becomes Community
• Centralized becomes Decentralized
• Governance becomes Self-governance
• Business becomes Community Collaboration
• Finance becomes Equal Opportunities
With this approach in mind, Apollo Septem is designing an All-in-One Platform to be
the baseline for the entire Community.
The core features that Apollo Septem envisions and proposes are:
Online Shop – the community existence and development will be fueled by the APO
token that will become the main value transfer method inside the platform, by
offering important discounts for its usage.
Financing Platform – independent financing events audited by the Community will
fuel the art development.
Virtual Galleries (includes VR) – the content of the modern online galleries will be
primarily 2D, as 3D would not the optimal solution for user perception because of
most devices’ display limitations. VR will in any case produce a much better user
experience. This feature will empower the artist to present and transfer his work to
the art collectors in an easy and straightforward way. The numbers of visitors will
thus increase significantly, giving the possibility to a high number of art lovers and
collectors to admire the exhibited pieces. Further new communities will have the
opportunity to explore art.
Peer-to-peer Ownership Transfer – lean and transparent transfer of ownership from
one individual to another, empowered by the use of blockchain capabilities.
Online Shares Offerings – the possibility to split the ownership of an art piece inAuthenticity verification of the art pieces, embedded into the platform. A Certificate
shares. A buyer of such shares will thus have the possibility to monetize his holdings
once the partially-owned art work is sold.
of Authenticity will be issued once the art piece is registered on the platform and
Distributed Storage System – collaboration with a consolidated storage platform
that will offer a low cost and secure solution.
Request For Art Work – possibility for the art collectors to organize competitions
between artists for pre-ordered masterpieces.
Model and concept
Apollo Septem Platform will run using low fees, necessary for the future development
of the community. Details on the fees application, as well as on the rewards system
split by role follow further on.
Table 1: Model And Concet for Artists
Apollo Septem Foundation and voting rights
The foundation will work only as a vehicle that the community can use for future
developments and promotion. The right of voting will be assigned as follows:
Apollo Septem will organize a transparent online event in order to invite the
community to apply for a Promoter role. After the initial selection, the promoters can
present sustainable strategies and work together with Apollo Septem Foundation to
promote the community.
The selection criteria will be published in a second version of the whitepaper and will
be transparent for everyone. Indicatively, the following ones will be considered, but
the list is not final nor exhaustive:
• Art knowledge;
• Commitment to respect the Apollo Septem values;