Status Alpha 0.9.20 Release Notes
Today’s Alpha release 0.9.20 includes significant upgrades to chat stability, with custom bootnodes for improved Russian compatibility and custom mail servers for an eventual distributed messaging experience. With feedback from our UXR sessions and deep insight into usability, improvements to the status interface are constantly evolving, contributing to additional overall bug fixes and UI improvements.
So what does a custom bootnode and mail server mean for Status? It puts control into the users hands so they can spin up their own node or find alternatives on various channels. In short, it makes Status more robust and resistant to censorship.
With 96 commits and over 230 files changed- 0.9.20 brings us ever closer to Beta!
NOTE: ***To continue to use the chat feature, updating to 0.9.20 is required*** Due to the bootnodes and mailservers upgrade, messages sent between previous versions and the current 0.9.20 may not be delivered.
New and Improved:
- Custom boot nodes
- New default boot nodes for better Russian compatibility
- Custom mail servers
- Improved chat UI
- Better messaging when connecting to peers
- Improved contact requests
- Visible wallet onboarding when initiating a first transaction from chat
- Enabled long tap on long messages
- Updated app icon
- Decode the browser’s URI
- Upgraded to react-native 0.55.4
- Updated minimum requirements to iOS 11 and Android 6
- Updated public chat list
- Updated DApp list
- Added DAI to assets
- Fixed an Android sign in button issue when recovering account
- Fixed sign message text
- Protect against duplicate messages
- Fixed an issue for invalid gas limit and prices
- Fixed a login screen formatting issue
- Fixed a UI issue with small screens
With version 0.9.20 you can still opt-in to mainnet testing in your profile under Advanced>Network. You will need to follow the prompt and review, acknowledge and accept the risks associated with Alpha testing on mainnet.
If you already have Status installed updating is easy.
- iOS: Within TestFlight, make sure you see Version 0.9.20 and tap ‘INSTALL’
- Android: If you are not automatically asked to update, go to Status.im in the PlayStore and click ‘Update’ there.
If you haven’t installed Status already, here’s how you can download:
As an open source project, the single best way to get involved with development is to hop on board and help the community build Status! Start by exploring our open issues — note that we typically prefer to hire core contributors based on Pull Requests.
If you feel you can help us grow our community in other ways, we’d love to hear your ideas! Tweet, like our Facebook or subscribe to the Status Subreddit to weigh in. You can also join the conversation on our Riot channel. We look forward to your feedback!