What is Viacoin Samourai?
Viacoin Samourai is a highly secured mobile wallet which is solely focused on security and privacy. In this article we will explain some of the features Viacoin Samourai will have to offer!
Viacoin Samourai is highly secured and will constantly add functionality to keep your viacoin safe.
- Strong Encryption — Viacoin Samourai is encrypted on the device using AES-256 encryption and never communicates with any servers.
- Strong Default Protection — Viacoin Samourai enforces a BIP 39 passphrase on wallet creation, hardening the security of your wallet right out of the gate.
- Secure PIN Login — Use a 5–8 digit PIN to access your wallet. PIN screen is randomized on every load to thwart screen recording spyware.
- You control your private keys — Private keys are created and stored on your device and are never communicated with any server or anyone.
- Certificate Pinning — Protects HTTPS websites from impersonation using fraudulent certificates issued by compromised certificate authorities.
Viacoin Samourai has a deep rooted commitment to the belief in the importance of transactional privacy. It uses tricks with inputs and outputs of your own wallet that create transactions on the blockchain designed to confuse outsiders and highly decreases the effectiveness of block chain snooping.
- No address reuse —Viacoin Samourai never reuses addresses, never leaking valuable metadata about you and your purchase habits. Viacoin Samourai will alert you if you have sent to an address before, helping prevent unintentional address reuse.
- Clustering Analysis Protection with STONEWALL — Viacoin Samourai provides by default a transaction that increases the difficulty of linking inputs to outputs of a transaction, making clustering wallet addresses and associated metadata more difficult.
- Ricochet Send— Ricochet is designed to stump the blockchain spies that provide blacklists to bitcoin banks and exchanges that they use to freeze funds and suspend accounts. It works to disrupt the way blockchain spies attempt to create lists of “clean” and “dirty” coins. All viacoins are equal.
- High Entropy Transactions—Viacoin Samourai transactions with STONEWALL enabled produce much higher entropy than standard viacoin transactions and often resemble CoinJoin transactions on the blockchain.
- Avoid linking previous change outputs — Viacoin Samourai parses all previous transactions before building a new transaction to make sure it isn’t leaking valuable metadata about your and your wallet.
- Tor and VPN Support —Viacoin Samourai is enabled with Tor and VPN support allowing you the ability to route all transactions through an anonymous IP address.
- SegWit Enabled— Viacoin Samourai fully supports Segwit — either in compatibility mode or native (bech32) mode. This results in lower miner fees for users.
- Trusted Node— Viacoin Samourai offers you increased censorship resistance. Connecting to your own trusted Viacoin node means you don’t have to rely on anyone but yourself to publish your transactions to the Viacoin network.
- Stealth Mode— While in ‘Stealth Mode’ Viacoin Samourai will not appear on your phone home screen, app list, launcher, or recent apps. To open your wallet once it is in Stealth Mode you must dial a special code. If the code has been entered correctly Samourai Wallet will launch.
- Remote SMS Control — Viacoin Samourai also comes included with the ability to control it via SMS. You can send commands to your phone from a trusted number to retrieve your seed or whipe your data.
- SIM Switch Defence —If your phone is stolen and the thief has switched the SIM Card you can still initiate remote commands. With ‘SIM Switch Defence’ enabled Viacoin Samourai will send your registered trusted number an SMS as soon as the SIM card is changed on your stolen phone. You can now send a remote wipe command to the new number and you will know the phone number of the person who is in possession of your (stolen) phone.
There are more features that will be included in Viacoin Samourai. We will share a full list of features once we release Viacoin Samourai in the Google Play Store. Viacoin Samourai will continue to receive updates with fixes and additional features after its release.
Disclaimer: Viacoin Samourai is being developed by the Viacoin development team. It is a fork from the Samourai wallet, which was developed as a Bitcoin wallet. We would like to thank the Samourai development team for the amazing work they’ve done.