Pascal Coin: Crypto currency without need of historical operations
This document is intended to define a variant of cryptographic currency based on knowledge
provided by BitCoin . Before reading this document is recommended to have a deep
Technical specifications of objects used by Pascal Coin
Each account contains:
The account numbers are grouped in blocks "Block Account", where each block is generated
every time a miner creates a new block to the block chain with operations so that transforms
affected blocks. Protocol version will specify how many accounts are generated for each Block.
The content of each "Block Account" is as follows:
Finally safe box contains a checksum that is the hash of all “Block Hash”. This value is known as
"Safe Box Hash"
The Block Chain
The Block Chain is similar Bitcoin, but adding the calculation of the "Safe Box Hash" indicating
the state it had safe box before applying the operations included in the Block Chain Merkle
The "BlockChain" contains the following fields:
(Protocol may include additional fields, like a Payload…)
Safe Box integrity
To check the Safe Box is intact and correct must perform the following operations:
· For each "Block Account" calculate its Block Hash
· Finally calculate the "Safe Box Hash", that is a hash of all the "Block Hash"
· The value of "Safe Box Hash" is unique to each "Safe Box" depending on the number of
units they contain, so that you cannot manipulate. Because the "BlockChain" is
generated with its initial "Safe Box Hash", unique for each block chain
Generation of "Block Chain" from previous Safe Box
To ensure that no Safe Box manipulates, its "Safe Block Hash" is included on each Block Chain.
Full Source code is available at GitHub:
And also, download a Windows installer of the Pascal Coin miner and Explorer at SourceForge:
12/08/2016 20:43:13.020 MAIN:00000BF8 [Info] <TLog> Log file start: C:\Users\Maxwell\AppData\Roaming\PascalCoin\PascalCointWallet.log
12/08/2016 20:43:13.073 MAIN:00000BF8 [Update] <TPCBank> Clear Bank
12/08/2016 20:43:13.073 TID:00000898 [Update] <TPCBank> Clear Bank
12/08/2016 20:43:13.089 TID:00000898 [Info] <TPCBank> Start restoring from disk operations (Max 4294967295) Orphan:
12/08/2016 20:43:13.105 TID:00000898 [Info] <TPCBank> End restoring from disk operations (Max 4294967295) Orphan:
12/08/2016 20:43:13.105 MAIN:00000BF8 [Info] <TNetServer> Closing server
12/08/2016 20:43:13.105 TID:00000898 [Info] <TNetServer> Activating server on port 4004
12/08/2016 20:43:13.105 TID:00000898 [Info] <TNetData> Allready discovering servers...
12/08/2016 20:43:13.373 TID:00000894 [Info] <TNetClient> Connected to a server pascalcoin1.ddns.net:4004
12/08/2016 20:43:13.577 TID:00001058 [Error] <TNetClient> Pending requests without response... closing connection to pascalcoin1.ddns.net:4004 > Op:HELLO Id:2 - Op:HELLO Id:1 -
12/08/2016 20:43:13.577 TID:00001058 [Info] <TNetClient> Disconnected from pascalcoin1.ddns.net:4004
NodeServers Updated: 2016-08-24 10:50:01
Server IP:pascalcoin1.ddns.net:4004 Attempting to connect: 2016-08-24 10:49:17 (Attempts: 2)
Server IP:pascalcoin2.ddns.net:4004 Attempting to connect: 2016-08-24 10:49:17 (Attempts: 2)
Server IP:pascalcoin1.dynamic-dns.net:4004 Attempting to connect: 2016-08-24 10:49:17 (Attempts: 2)
Server IP:pascalcoin1.dns1.us:4004 Attempting to connect: 2016-08-24 10:49:17 (Attempts: 2)
Server IP:bpascal1.dynamic-dns.net:4004 Attempting to connect: 2016-08-24 10:49:40 (Attempts: 2)
IP:bpascal2.dynamic-dns.net:4004 Last Connection: 2016-08-24 10:49:42
Attempting to connect: 2016-08-24 10:49:40 (Attempts: 0)
New version of Wallet/Miner/Explorer available at SourceForge (BUILD 1.0.2):
- Improved hashing speed
- Allow mining without opening external ports
- Choose how many CPU's want to mine
- Show real-time pending operations waiting to be included in the block
- More stable
- Some miner modifications
For now... only CPU mining and only Windows users... still working in it!
Contribute spreading Pascal Coin on social networks!
Follow us at @PascalCoin
Source code of Build 1.0.2 available at GitHub:
New Build available at Source Forge. (Build 1.0.3)
Details about update:
Important changes to database
Issues with Connections
Miner key selector
Invalid local time detector
New PascalCoin wallet, miner & explorer Build 1.0.5
Build 220.127.116.11 - 2016-09-21
- Massive operations, selecting multiple accounts
- Filter accounts by balance
- Correct operations explorer order of operations for each block (descending order)
- Minor changes
I hope you will love this build... it's interesting to filter accounts and navigate through them.
Also, you will be able to make massive operations, will help you to put your accounts in order.
New PascalCoin Build 1.0.8 - CROSS COMPATIBLE
Build 18.104.22.168 - 2016-10-20
- Cross compatible
- Can compile with Delphi or Lazarus (Free Pascal)
- New storage system. No more access database
- Network hashrate calculation
Pascal Coin CUDA miner:
Using Device: 0
CUDA Version: 8.0
CUDA Devices: 1
Device #0 (GeForce GT 555M):
Clock Rate: 1469 MHz
Is Integrated: false
Compute Capability: 2.1
Kernel Concurrency: 1
Max Grid Size: 2947056
Max Threads per Block: 1024
Registers per Block: 32768
Registers per SM: 32768
Processor Count: 2
Shared Memory/Block: 49152
Shared Memory/Proc: 49152
Warp Size: 32
Mining on device #0...
Last error: no error
New Build 22.214.171.124 - 2016-11-03
JSON-RPC Server includedMinor changes
Updated PascalCoin wiki with a FAQ.
- About Pascal Coin
- About operations
- About accounts
- About exchanges
FOr Details log on:
How To Use Pascal Coin Wallet
New PascalCoin Build 1.3
-This version introduces a lot of improvements on JSON-RPC, specially for a third party software
-Corrects some issues with corruption files
Update to this build is not mandatory, but recommended
Source code at Github:
Download Wallet installer or Linux Binaries from SourceForge:
PASC/BTC is now listed on bitsquare market website:
The website is ready!
A few improvements will be done in the coming days, but here it is!
A better logo maybe, if someone has good skills at it.
Now we can make requests on bigger exchanges, looking at you Poloniex
New Build 126.96.36.199 - 2016-12-30
Upgrade to this version is MANDATORY
-Added method "signsendto" to allow a off-line wallet sign transaction operations without being syncrhonized
- Added method "signchangekey" to allow a off-line wallet sign change key operations without being syncrhonized
-Added method "executeoperations" to allow a on-line wallet execute operations signed off-line
- Added method "operationsinfo" that will decode operations signed off-line
-Added param "max" at JSON-RPC method "getblocks"
- Changed param name "deep" for "depht" in "getaccountoperations". Deep will be available for compatibility.
-Changed result for "changekeys". Now returns a "JSON operation object" array with each change key operation result
-Changes on "JSON Operation object": May return a "valid" param and "errors" param
- Corrected a memory leak when processing JSON-RPC calls
-Better performance in connection protocol
- Updated protocol available to 1
- Updated net protocol to 3-4
- Important bug corrected
Download wallet installer from SourceForge:
- Corrected a memory leak when processing JSON-RPC calls
vote Pascalcoin to be listed on coinbase
nominated for best new coin 2016!
Vote on http://www.blockchaindynamics....
New PascalCoin Build 1.4.1
PascalCoin OpenCL Miner beta 0.1
PascalCoin miner is fully open source without proxy. Is a "all in one" that you can use to mine (GPU and CPU) using OpenCL drivers installed in your computer.
Is partially based on Vorksholk optimized .cl file, but without some limitations:
- You can use a miner name without length restrictions
- Miner connects directly with PascalCoin wallet (without proxy) and uses Wallet miner name, adding the miner name specified when executed
- Just try it... very easy to use
Download binaries/installer at SourceForge:
Full source code (Wallet, and miner) at GitHub:
How to mine:
- Execute Wallet and config Options menu: Set a "Miner name" and activate JSON-RPC Server miner port
- Execute through command line "PascalCoinMiner.exe" adding params. Execute "PascalCoinMiner.exe -h" for help
- Miner will connect with Wallet and get Wallet's miner name. Miner will also have a Miner name that will be added to Wallet miner name.
- Resulting name will be: Wallet miner name + Miner name + auto padding (Auto padding are - chars to have an efficient length to mine)
- Just wait
How to "Pool mine": (Example for pool operators)
- This Miner allows to connect to a Pool server (using PascalCoin JSON-RPC miner protocol, similar to stratum)
- Pool server will have a name, for example "poolserver"
- Each client must use a "user name" provided by pool server that will be added to "poolserver" when mining.
- When a miner founds a valid nOnce/Timestamp, will send those values to the server
- Server will receive a JSON with "timestamp","nonce" and "payload", payload value will be "poolserver"+"user name"+"auto padding"
- Pool Server will decode JSON, test if using "timestamp","nonce" and "payload" is correct, and then will obtain "user name" from "payload" to reward users