Pascal Coin: Crypto currency without need of historical operations
Protect yourself from scammers ! and use Skybuck's PascalCoin version (may also include FireMonkey GUI/Interface in the future):
The mentioned account number 3516 is banned from performing operations in this version. (Current account balance: 59,509.2737) (Current account name: millionaire) (operations: 36)
He may have other accounts as well but for the time being I will let these be, but these are also highly suspect:
317372-75 (Seems to be a backup account of his) (Current account balance: 3000) (Current account name: <empty>) (operations: 6)
3490-60 (Seems to be a fund raising account, could be a scam of his) (Current account balance: 1100) (Current account name: fundraising) (operations 7)
Pascal Coin is going to upgrade to V3. Vote on PascalCoin V3 proposals
V3 Roadmap Vote (BETA)
Vote on PascalCoin V3 proposals. This is a BETA release, but vote numbers will not change, so vote now if you want.
PASCAL COIN CREATOR, ALBERT MOLINA, TALKED ABOUT PASCALCOIN, ITS FUTURE PLANS, AND EXPLAINED THE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND THE COINAlbert Molina — Creator of PascalCoin
CoinLive.io interviewed the “Satoshi” behind PascalCoin, Albert Molina, where he shared his plans about the future, the story behind the project and the SafeBox technology, plus he shared Pascal’s Coin opportunities for improvement in the future.
Because the interview was in Spanish we would like to provide you with the English transcript of it. You can find the full interview at the end of the article.
- Why do you think that most crypto currencies cannot find the key to implement scalability?
Whether luck or not, pascal was born as a project from scratch, giving the freedom of creating a different block-chain structure without using the btc code and hence allowing a new safebox structure to solve scalability, which as we know, is very difficult with btc, this is an important factor … when created from 0, it allowed the luxury to envision how it could grow without major underlying problems in the future, unlike what we are seeing in btc …SafeBox -The technology that allows Pascal Coin to get infinite scalability
- What were your thoughts when you learned that PascalCoin was being mined by the Ethereum miners?
I was very concentrated in the development, so it took me a while to find out, at the beginning it stroke me as a positive thing as I thought those who mine eth also dedicate resources to pascal, with time, we’ve obviously realized that something must be done to address this issue… the least known currency is the one that loses when one aces dual-mining… there are proposals so that there is no mining dual … we are at a point where everything is not perfect but we have some clear roadmap to fix it.
- What is your vision of Pascal within 1 year?
I want to see a natural evolution similar to what we have experienced in the last year, growth due to the technology that Pascal uses (safebox) and thanks to it that the code could implement new functionalities and the knowledge grows … obviously we depend on the massive use, therefore , we must provide third-party applications. Also the diffusion of content explaining how it works and its advantages and general knowledge of the technology.
- Question from @CryptoBigDawg: How would you compare Pascal with the rest of crypto currencies nowadays? For example bitcoin, nano etc. An important feature for mass adoption is usability — are you working to make the user experience the ideal one to achieve this goal? Are you working to make the user experience the right one?
This is one of the expected changes in the immediate future, the user experience. Bank-type accounts in Pascal are an advantage, but if it is true that the wallet is very technical and not visual enough, this is the most important part … it must be very intuitive, easy access, similar to the existing ones while keeping the technical part intact.
- What kind of advantage do you think it gives you to be the first crypto currency to solve the problem of scalability?
I hope it gives us an advantage … being the first is not an advantage in itself, but not only the first, but being in constant evolution and adapting to new needs, we personally achieve that as Pascal can interact with layer 2 protocols so that thanks to a single application you can have different interconnected. Since we have already solved part of the problem with scalability, it allows us to anticipate in the present future problems that may exist.
• What are all the advantages of programming with the FREE PASCAL code? The language is not important but if it allows you to do what you are interested in is. I like Pascal’s functionalities and its interoperability and also as a language that can be compiled natively for any chip, unlike other programs. I am interested in being able to use pascal node in very simple machines, so that is not necessary to be installed on large servers, and this gives an advantage over other cryptos that require greater memory capacity, this in pascal is very fine tuned and works in very simple machines …
• The scalability has been solved with the ‘safebox’, have you done more tests of stress in transactions per sec? ¬ Could you clarify what is the maximum number of transactions that Pascal can get per Second? In theory, based on the design, what would be the maximum that could be expected?
A machine with a single cpu and that is where the nodes run, and 1 or 2 gbs of ram, transactions of 1,000 / sec are achieved … how much can it grow? It will depend if we add CPU technology, processors, so that transactions are much faster. Why 1,000 per second? Thanks to the safebox. The maximum would depend on the amount of hardware, video cards, multiple cpus, parallel processing. We have not performed stress tests with larger machines, for the moment only in very simple machines … stress tests have all accepted 1,000 / sec easily … although theoretically we can grow much more, but I cannot you a figure.
- How and when does PascalCoin plan to implement zk-SNARKS?
It is not a priority since it requires a deep analysis that I have not yet been able to perform.
- @Rektoshi: Could the same concept of the safebox be written in another programming language? Why Pascal and not C ++ or another language with more use of programmers? Do not you think this limits the development via open source / open source?
Pascal is a language I dominated perfectly … it was the most natural way to write it. if I had started with C from 0, maybe I would not have done all the code from scratch nor created the safebox, thanks to this approach it helps us solve the problem of scalability. Yes, it is true that it would be easier with C, but maybe in the future we can rewrite in another language. There is already a very important community but in percentage terms it is very inferior, although I must say that there are still enough and the language of pascal is not so didactic but more visual and easily accessible, easily educational too.
• @Tommyworldpower: When do you expect to have the new algorithm available to mine Pascal?
The new algorithm is a proposal by Herman (random hash) that solves the problem of mining and the theoretical part is written, as it is a proposal of Herman, so I prefer that he is the first to implement and talk about the new algorithm. We need to conduct a thorough analysis if can be implemented and what benefits or inconveniences we may face. For now, I can say that it will not be implemented soon (in the next revision) unless everything goes very fluid … the factor of mining must also be taken into account … the mining must be sufficiently distributed among several miners but without reaching an extreme that is too random, since this leads to the risks of orphaned blocks .. if they do not use a pool and instead their own machines, the collateral damage that occurs is that there are many orphaned blocks and that is good, since it is important that it remains consistent, that the operations that are introduced do not suffer variations, that is why any implementation must foresee all the scenarios. I am a supporter but I would not like to forecast a date as it requires a deeper analysis.
• With the implementation of PIP-0011, what are the most immediate actions that are going to be undertaken in relation to marketing? How do you expect Pascal to be better known?
The funds that will exist on the PIP-0011 will be for marketing and development, as well as the new mining algorithm down the road. The most important thing is how this fund is managed. We must propose a fund management mechanism with a legal structure such as a foundation with propoer coverage so there are no problems nor doubts that we are only going to benefit the community. About the marketing plan: The diffusion of Pascal in large exchanges is our main goal, this is the grand objective that Pascal must have. I also must say that the UK exchange where we were listed holds some bright future. We want to achieve new listings via the image of seriousness, integrity of the team, the technology we provide, that there is a plan for the future, sense of unique project. This is the orientation that we should have for the marketing to generate enough confidence
• What makes other cryptos such as IOTA or NANO have such a huge capitalization in front of Pascal? Do you think it’s just a marketing question?You do not think that based on the industry’s standards, the project has an extremely low capitalization.
Although I do not know their technology in depth (Iota, Nano), there are 2 factors that have helped them, the first reason is that they are included in different exchanges and then the marketing campaigns that have been launched. They have done a great job combining both, that is, a good technology and good marketing campaign. Pascal can also experience this growth cycle. Comparatively, it is nonsense that there is such a large disparity in market cap (Pascal 20–25million range vs billions in Nano or Iota) or even with others that do not offer technology but only marketing. The factor of only listed in one large exchange is very limiting for now.
• What is the current activity and commitment in the development of PascalCoin?
Since a few weeks ago we have been exclusively focused on the evolution of the implementation of the new Pascal hardcore with new features that were voted after proposed pips. The intention is that all pips will be implemented or as worst case, only those that we consider to be safe as explained before. The objective is to grow the currency. Now we have 3/4 developers and before 2 months we are expecting to be able to offer the solution and the implementation of version 3.
- Are there actions to be added in new exchanges? Do you not consider it a risk that the only renowned exchange is Poloniex?
I have contacted Poloniex and there is no concern at all, they have provided re-assurance. Actually, the opposite is true, the acquisition of Poloniex by Circle offers a great advantage as the exchange will evolve into a large professional and fully regulated entity that will provide a bridge for institutional capital to come into the space, and that will benefit Pascal. Lastly, I want to thank the entire community at Pascal for all the involvement and commitment. I am convinced that we will go much further. Pascal coin technology has a lot to offer. In the short term, marketing alone can give you a temporary boost but in the long term, only those who combine marketing + technology will really go far and Pascal is one of these projects, no doubt.
Check out the Video Version of the interview on:
Our team would like to thank CoinLive.io for the great interview they done.
Also do not hesitate to send your question via pascalcoin.org and some of them will be answered by the new Satoshi — Albert Molina :).
Official Links PascalCoin website: www.pascalcoin.org Discord: https://discord.gg/8yqftqF Telegram official channel: https://t.me/pascalcoinofficial Twitter official account: https://twitter.com/PascalCoin Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/pascalcoin/ Medium -PascalCoin: www.medium.com/@pascalcoinofficial
For those who are not familiar with this project: - What is PascalCoin? (official video) https://youtu.be/F25UU-0W9Dk - What is Pascal? (review) https://youtu.be/q_3Ng0O-y3o - Instant Transfer : https://youtu.be/gUC5TMIfZUs - Comparison : https://youtu.be/s0WwyFasBw4 - PascalCoin Guide for Beginners: https://www.pascwallet.com/Content/PascalCoin%20-%20A%20Comprehensive%20Guide%20for%20Noobs.pdf
PascalCoin (PASC) Release New Build 2.1.7
Build 2.1.7 - 2018-04-10
- Remove use of TPCOperation.FSignatureChecked introduced on 2.1.6 because is not 100% secure
- Minor bugs
PascalCoin Testnet V3.0 release of CORE and CLASSIC WALLET GUI
PascalCoin Release New Important Build 2.1.9
Build 2.1.9 fixes some importants bugs detected from all previous versions related to BlockChain file corruption. UPGRADE
Build 2.1.9 - 2018-04-16
- Searchs last valid block found on corrupted BlockChainStream.blocks file and allows to continue from last valid one. On prior versions, app halted and needed manually file deletion
- Solved bug that can cause to corrupt BlockChainStream.blocks file when detecting an orphan block and creating new BlockHeaders row (every 1000 blocks). Very rare bug, but fatal erro
PascalCoin (PASC) Release Testnet 3.1 - (2018-04-19)
PascalCoin TESTNET version 3.1
If you're running OLD testnet version, please remove ALL blockchain/safebox files prior to test 3.1 Version 3.1 contains a new target calculation method incompatible with TESTNET 3.0
Blockchain files are at: /$HOME/PascalCoin_TESTNET/Data Windows: c:/Users/ (my user) /AppData/Roaming/PascalCoin_TESTNET/Data