There are 4 current types of blades in the wild:
V1 batch 1s - No overclockable firmware and only 10 were sold into the wild.
V1 batch 2-3.5s - All other V1 blades sold at auction. Have overclockable firmware.
V2 - One single board, includes a backpane connector and is smaller. No overclocking.
V3 (Cubes) - A great consumer product with no more wiring, cooling or mounting complications.
V1 Blade (12.8 GH/s)
V2 Blade (10.7 GH/s)
V3 Cube (30-38 GH/s)
You will need the following per blade:
- A network cable.
- 1x ATX motherboard extender. (1x dual molex extender. OR 1x PCI-E 6 pin extender. )
- 1x Fan controller (per two blades).
- 2x 120mm PWM controllable fans.
- A power supply (see next section).
Blades do not come with a power supply and you will need a typical computer PSU. The limit of how much power we can safely draw is actually due to the cable diameters - which are only capable of ~10A [18 gauge].
The requirements per blade are:
- 1xPCI-E 6 pin power connector
- At least 12A on the/each 12V rail
Estimated power consumption is as follows.
- 75W (Low power mode @ 1.05V)
- 83W (Low power mode @ 1.10V)
- 100W (Stock @ 1.20V)
- 120W (Overclocked @ 1.20V)
- 100W (Stock)
ASICMiner Blade Setup Guide