Lisk Community Technical Meeting — September 10th, 2016

• This upcoming Saturday, September 10th, Lisk will be conducting it’s second community technical meeting. For each meeting, a google document is created for questions that may be difficult or lengthy to answer during the meeting. The deadline for collecting questions is Wednesday (September 7th). If you believe your question is not difficult, nor lengthy, you may attend the meeting and ask the team to get a direct answer.

Questions for Lisk Community Technical Meeting

Collected by the Lisk community

Editors: joel, MrV, MrFrismint, punkrock, GreXX, tharude, cc001, malreynolds

Please reach out to one of the editors for adding questions to this document

Answers will be published on after every Community Meeting

Technical Meeting - 09.10.2016

Release-Management / Development-Process

1. Sidechains

a. How will users get protected of malicious blockchain apps running on Sidechains or mainchain? The same goes for delegates securing sidechains. Will their nodes be protected somehow from getting compromized? (distro)

2. Node running

. How important are nodes >101? Are they helping to stabilize the network in any way, when they are >101? What exactly are they doing? (punkrock)

a. Followup: If nodes >101 aren’t useful, is it best to not have too many since all they are doing is adding another node where everything has to propagate to? (I thought I had read that they just add extra work for the network) (MrV)

3. Lisk Clients

4. Security

5. Fees

6. Other

. The quotation is taken from the official blog of Dan Larimer. His thoughts about Smart Contract Scripting Languages.
    "...From what I can tell about Lisk and it's reliance on Javascript, it is not suitable for running untrusted code on a public blockchain in the same way Ethereum is. Lisk is targeting a different market. When I first heard of lisk I was excited because I thought they found a deterministic Javascript interpreter with sandboxing and computation metering; I was wrong..."
    Can you comment it? (vi1son)

Everyone is encouraged to participate, so if you have any detailed questions for us, please submit them to joel, MrV, MrFrismint, tharude, cc001, GreXX, malreynolds, and/or punkrock within Lisk chat, and they will be added to the document. Alternatively, you can also send the questions through e-mail ([email protected]) During the meeting, the team will address as many questions as possible.

The meeting will take place in our Lisk chat, and will be held on September 10th, 2016 at 6:00 PM (GMT +2).

Joel, Community Manager