Syscoin 2.1 Release Date and Feature List+ Updated details
What is Syscoin?
Syscoin is a revolutionary cryptocurrency that not only allows low-cost financial transactions like Bitcoin, but provides businesses the infrastructure to trade goods, assets, digital certificates and data securely.
Syscoin isnt just about money and trading, it has the ability to attract all business types thanks to its native set of features geared towards the financial sector. Syscoin offers benefits to everyone from eBay traders, to High Street shops and many more.
Unlike other cryptocurrencies, Syscoin’s intrinsic value is derived from the decentralized services it provides directly on the blockchain. The blockchain powers all Syscoin services. It is a decentralized system of record hosted by a series of “nodes” on the Syscoin network. Syscoin trades under the symbol SYS in virtual currency exchanges.
Proof-of-work algorithm: SCRYPT (merge mineable with any SCRYPT coin)
Multipool protection: SysCoin uses KGW to retarget difficulty every block. SysCoin uses extremely small minimum and maximum values as algorithmic inputs, which effectively allows Syscoin's difficulty to re-target much more rapidly and accurately than other cryptocurrencies that use KGW.
Block reward (updated): 128 SysCoin and regenerated network services fees (block reward decays on fixed schedule until rewards fixate at 32 Syscoin until 2bil coin, after which rewards are purely network and service fees).
Total SysCoins: 2,000,000,000 (2.0 billion)
Premine: 18% [ up to 15% Based on Presale (SOLD OUT), 2% Devs (wallets will be publicized for transparency), 1% Bounties and Rewards]
Premine Wallet Address (currently contains dev + bounties; been paying out of bounties): http://sys.coinzone.info/address/STtZvuwutKmnfqzDo...
Launch date: August 16, 2014 @ 12pm PST
Syscoin - A Scrypt-based, Merge-mineable coin with Certificate Issuance, Distributed Marketplace, Document Exchange, and Data Storage Service
The Syscoin wallet comes with a fully decentralized marketplace. Buy, sell, and even resell other's items. It's like Ebay or Amazon, only better.
Send and Receive Money With Ease
Syscoin's money transfer feature ensures that your money is flawlessly sent or received in a secure, reliable manner.
Gone are the days of typing in a complex wallet address to send or receive money. Aliases simplify the process by allowing you to use an easily remembered address, like "JoesAddres
Resell Other’s Products
You can now resell any item in the Syscoin Marketplace in your own store, or allow your own items to be resold by others.
Send and receive encrypted messages in a simple and secure inbox and outbox service to communicate with others on the Syscoin network using Aliases or SYS addresses.
Unlike some P2P implementations, items on the Syscoin Market are always online. It doesn't matter if your wallet is open or closed, your items will always be available, guaranteed by Syscoin's 100% uptime.
Give your buyers the confidence to know that their funds are secure with Syscoin's arbitrated escrow service. Buyers can specify a mutually agreed upon 3rd party to secure the funds while the goods/services are in transit.
Certificates can be used to store and transfer small documents on the Blockchain with optional encryption.
Homepage Wallet Features
Fully Decentralized Marketplace
We have developed a state-of-the-art marketplace where you can securely and reliably buy and sell any items you wish. Entire stores can be created directly through the marketplace where you can sell your own products or re-sell others’ products for commission Like Ebay or Amazon without corporate gouging, political interference, downtime, maintenance or hefty fees. Truly 1:1 global commerce. No middle man.
The new Syscoin 2.0 Wallet offers all the features you need to send and receive Syscoin, keep your transaction logs in order, buy and sell items, resell others items, send encrypted messages to others and more.
The Syscoin 2.0 wallet is the first and only wallet of its kind. Its cutting edge features makes it a top choice of users all over the world. There is never any downtime or service outages. Global business never stops, so why should you?
Mac Wallet Version 2.0
GitHub Source Latest Source (v2.0)
Games / Services / Block Explorers
Syscoin 2.1 Release Date and Feature List
fter a lot of work we’re ready to announce a public release date for Syscoin 2.1 of December 18th, 2016 by or before midnight US/PST; block height is to-be-determined due to mining variability based on hashrate.
Syscoin 2.1 Feature List
There have been several posts as new features were added to Syscoin 2.1, it’s helpful to have a complete list of all the improvements included in this release:
- Blockchain Pruning – Provides improved scalability to the core syscoin blockchain by efficiently pruning expired service data to minimize blockchain bloat for full nodes.
- Unique Aliases / Syscoin Identities – Syscoin Aliases are now unique across the network; a change from Syscoin 2.0 where variable-case aliases were permitted.
- Alias Portability – Optional passwords attached to aliases provide for portability and restoration options not possible on Syscoin 2.0 including the ability to recover an account simply by using the related Alias password.
- Marketplace Moderation – Two tiers of marketplace moderation both user-defined via SafeSearch and team-defined via a 3 tier system. The moderation system allows for a more public-friendly marketplace with options for SafeSearch restricted items.
- Private payments via ZCash – Syscoin users can now leverage ZEC as a direct payment option, which natively includes enhanced privacy.
- Multiple payment options – Offers can now be paid for in any currency supported by the marketplace and supported by the merchants. Rather than one specific currency, payments can be now be made using all three supported blockchains (SYS, BTC and ZEC).
- Multi-signature Transaction Support across all Syscoin services – Aliases, Certificates and Offers, now support multi-signature transactions, enabling a whole new class of use cases for Syscoin services.
- Bitcoin 0.13 Core Update – As outlined in the launch of Syscoin 2.0, the importance of keeping up-to-date with the latest bitcoin technology is essential for Syscoin to thrive; thus, we planned on keeping up to date with the latest Bitcoin core. Keeping up-to-date will be accomplished by upgrading the Syscoin 2.1 update to Bitcoin’s latest core 0.13.99.
- Escrow Support on External Payments – Escrow was previously only available on offers purchased using Syscoin. With Syscoin 2.1, Escrow will now be available on offers purchased with any currency accepted, SYS, BTC or ZEC.
- Private Alias Data – Aliases now include a private field which is visible only to the owner of the alias, allowing for private data storage on the blockchain.
- Default Settings – There is now support for default Alias and default price-peg selection, increasing wallet usability. All service screens now also include the option to view all services the wallet owns or view services by individual Alias.
- Dynamic Fees – Fee information is now stored in the Alias rates peg allowing for dynamic fees specifically for Syscoin services. This enables different fee structures with different pegs and gives merchants more flexibility in pricing.
- Shipping Notification System – Optionally allows merchants to notify customers that an item has been shipped.
- Feedback and Rating System – A 5-star feedback and rating system can now be provided for Merchants, Customers and Arbitrators, ensuring an accurate representation of reputation history for all parties.
- Easy unlock for encrypted wallets – Easy unlock mechanism for improved usability w/encrypted wallets.
- Hide Sold Out/Expired Offers – Hide items that have are sold out or expired from wallet listing screens.
- Search within category – Search within a specific category rather than always searching all categories.
- Suggested categories – A standardized set of categories across the Syscoin marketplace, or use your own.
- Offer geolocation – Optionally add geolocation to offers.
Because of the extent of the updates introduced, specifically to maximize blockchain pruning, all existing Syscoin services will be removed upon release of Syscoin 2.1. This will allow for a clean slate with regards to the blockchain data and will allow users to claim their new, unique aliases. This will be the final time Syscoin service data is cleared. Clearing the service data will have zero impact to existing transaction data in terms of balances and general send/receive info; it will only affect Syscoin service data. Users who wish to keep this data can export it or backup their data folder prior to the 2.1 update.
Launch Plans, Blockmarket and Azure Certification
As the release date nears we’ll be coordinating with exchanges and miners to ensure the update goes as planned. In order to ensure success in this transition, we are allocating all of our development resources to this effort until launch. Once the successful launch of Syscoin 2.1 has been completed, we will be resuming Blockmarket M1 development, targeting it’s release for Q1 2017. Blockmarket will introduce an entirely new user experience for Syscoin on the desktop, replacing today’s “QT Wallet” with a much cleaner and user-friendly experience. Blockmarket also includes a brand new, matching server component for consumers and merchants, enabling easy-to-manage web shops. Blockmarket will be Blockchain Foundry’s first official consumer product.
Along with Blockmarket we’re also nearing completion of the Microsoft Azure Product Certification for Blockchain Foundry.
The first product will be released as soon as possible following final
certification and the release of Syscoin 2.1. We’re also working on
redesigning the entire Syscoin website for the release of Blockmarket to
target a more consumer-based audience and bringing the benefits of
Syscoin marketplaces to the forefront. Syscoin 2.1 sets us up for an
exciting future and we’re excited for the final release!