Breakout Coin (BRK ) on 13/06/2016
Breakout Chain is a Global
Multicurrency Payment System
Breakout Chain is a payment system that supports several currencies like Breakout Coin and Breakout Stake. Breakout Chain can send money anywhere instantly. It uses a decentralized ledger to store transactions, which means no banks, governments, or other central authority controls any aspect of the payment system. The Breakout Chain payment system is completely transparent, allowing anyone in the world to fully audit every transaction that has ever been processed by the payment system. Breakout Chain employs cutting-edge technological safeguards to ensure that every transaction is balanced so that no individual can spend money that isn’t theirs or spend any money twice.The Breakout Chain payment system is unique in that it supports several currencies, each with different properties. This type of currency system is brand new and is termed a “Multicurrency”. The properties of each currency of the Breakout Chain Multicurrency payment system influence the ways in which the currencies are used.Three of the currencies are “Breakout Coin”, “Breakout Stake”, and “Sister Coin”.
Developer James Stroud, Ph.D. / Lead Developer
Chain stats:Block Times: 5 MinutesSupply: 19.5 M Upon Genesis of the Chain
Inflation: 5% per year (compounded per block)
Starting Block Reward: 10 BRK
Min Transaction Fee: 0.01 BRKSupply: 12.5 M Fixed Supply
Min Transaction Fee: 0.01 BRX
Stakes: Breakout Coin
Stake Minimum Confirmations: 3456 (12.3 Days)
Disclaimer: The floor price of 4500 BRK/BTC will be in effect only during the sale. Breakout Services will not support this floor after the sale. Buying cryptocurrencies is speculative and buyers understand that the price may become less than 4500 BRK/BTC. Only those who are experts in cryptocurrencies should participate in the coin sale.
We offer the following early buyer incentives for the second sale:
Hour 1: 25% Bonus (Starts June 13, 2016 10am PDT)
Week 1: 15% Bonus (Starts June 13, 2016 11am PDT)
Week 2: 10% Bonus (Starts June 20, 2016 11am PDT)
Week 3: 5% Bonus (Starts June 27, 2016 11am PDT)
First Coin Sale (Complete)
The first coin sale represented 3,372,506 BRK & BRX, and was conducted between 10/21/2014 and 11/21/2014. A breakdown of the coinsale by purchaser's Breakout Chain address can be found at http://chain.breakoutcoin.com/balances/. This breakdown does not include private sales and early buyer bonuses.
Second Coin Sale
6,627,494 BRK will be available for the second coin sale, which will be hosted at Bittrex. Breakout Stake will be offered as part of a funding target incentive program, but some Breakout Stake may remain and will be sold at a later date. The second sale will start June 13, 2016, and last four weeks. Prior to the coin sale, Breakout Chain will be launched. Buyers will have the opportunity to withdraw their coins immediately following the sale
Linux Wallet: Coming Soon
Breakout Coin Mining
- Official Pool Links: coming soon
- Unofficial Mining Setup/Install Guide Links: coming soon
- Translations [Credits]: coming soon
- Block Explorer: Coming soon to http://chain.BreakoutCoin.com/BlockCrawler/block_c...
Using The Breakout Chain Wallet
This short tutorial shows how to start up the Breakout Chain software for the first time and generate a new address for others to send BRK.
To use the Breakout Chain wallet Go to the download page at http://www.breakoutcoin.com/downloads/ and select the download that matches your system.
Either extract the wallet on windows or open up the .dmg file on OS X. For Windows, open the zip archive:
Click the Extract button.
Click Extract All.
- For OS X, double click the downloaded .dmg file, then drag the Breakout Chain software to Applications. Then double click the software icon from within the computer’s Applications folder.
- After extraction, double-click BreakoutCoin. Sometimes it crashes on the very first run. If it does, just try again.
- Allow the Breakout Chain wallet some time to synchronize. It might
take 10 minutes or more. When it is finished, the checkmark will be
solid instead of outlined.
- After it is synced, protect your wallet with a strong password by selecting Encrypt Wallet from the Settings
menu. This will cause the client to quit so the wallet can be
encrypted. After it quits, just open the client again as described in
- Create a new address first by clicking the Receive button.
- Then click on the New Address button.
- Ensure that the Currency pull-down reflects Breakout Coin, then fill in the Label and click OK.
- From the list at the top of the window, select the new address that has the label you entered in the previous step.
- Click Copy Address at the bottom of the window to put the address in your clipboard.
James Stroud, Ph.D., is the lead developer for Breakout Chain, the blockchain carrying Breakout Coin, which is the chip used for the online gaming platform developed by cryptocurrency startup Breakout Gaming. Dr. Stroud is also a co-founder of CryptoCertify, the first company to focus on auditing both the code and deployment of cryptocurrency applications.