Ubiq (UBQ) Update — March 14, 2017

• March Madness

March Madness is underway and community member, Saintgermaine, is organizing a March Madness (college basketball) competition.

Nathan Bowers and myself will hold the pool funds in the pictured multisig smart contract address. The screenshot is from the Fusion wallet.

The multisig smart contract is set up so that 1 signature (1 of 2 multisig) can withdraw up to 10 UBQ per day. Any amount greater than 10 UBQ per day requires BOTH signatures (2 of 2 multisig) to execute and transfer. This means that the March Madness winner can only be paid with both signatures making the funds extra secure!

Cryptopia listing

It’s been a while since the Ubiq community successfully voted Ubiq to be added to Novaexchange. Reading back on some Bitcointalk comments and it’s possibly true that Novaexchange only knows how to add Bitcoin based coins. I did a quick scan on their pairs and it’s probably true.

So being a Proof of Work coin, I really think it’s relevant to have further coin distribution for Ubiq on more than one exchange. More than one exchange also gives us redundancy and a new audience of crypto people.

Cryptopia is a good choice as they cater pretty well to the crypto crowd. Originally they actually had a policy of not adding coins which were ICO coins but I guess times change. I’ve also used their mining pools but I think they’ve shut them down.

Anyway, they allow a coin to be listed with 1 million DOT through their Paytopia service so I purchased that the other day and made the submission.

One of the staff, Fairlady, mentions that Ubiq should be listed pretty soon now.

Get ready to trade Ubiq on Cryptopia!

Nucleus Transparency report — Burn

The coin burn of the old chain 1,494,491.33 JBS that were swapped on Bittrex exchange was completed today in TX ID:9c955a68aec147434587e8240347035156beb18a9de4bd3bfd6b9d83ff1057b1

This is the one step we needed completed to finish up the Nucleus Transparency Report which will be out soon and will cover the coin swap and Genesis block creation.

Thank you for following along! More to come!

Ubiq is a blockchain platform which allows the creation and implementation of smart contracts and decentralized applications. Built upon a modified Ethereum codebase, Ubiq adds consensus level changes in the form of new code. Ubiq acts as a large globally distributed ledger and supercomputer, which allows developers to create decentralized and automated solutions to thousands of tasks which today are carried out by third party intermediaries. The Ubiq development team is committed to providing the most stable, flexible and bug-free platform available for the development of enterprise applications.

Ubiq carries forward 3 years of value, growth and development from the JBS network. It is Fair Launch cryptocurrency with zero premine or ICO, and is traded on Bittrex.   Find out more information atUbiqsmart.com. Sign up to Ubiq Slack to be a part of a growing community of over 1,000 crypto enthusiasts and Ubiq fans!   Follow @UbiqSmart on Twitter for all the latest news and announcements!

Looks like your connection to Cryptocentral was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.